Meet Our Principal
As the Principal of North Durham Academy, l am extremely proud to be serving the community of Stanley and the surrounding area. I have led three other schools, steering one to outstanding leading to me becoming a National Leader of Education and one to become the highest achieving school in the county. I believe that North Durham Academy is now on a journey to becoming a place of outstanding educational provision.
Our culture is changing:
- All staff have high expectations of behaviour and learning;
- All students can expect to be challenged in their learning;
- We are a school that now ‘holds its own’ in respect to progress and achievement in comparison to other schools in the area;
- Progress 8 score improving year on year;
- More students than ever before are leaving with grade 4 and grade 5 in English and maths;
- We endorse a 5 year curriculum plan that meets the needs of all learners;
- We have an inclusive approach to Special Educational Needs and vulnerable students;
- In an ever-changing world we have the capacity and expertise to support learning outside the classroom;
- We have a dynamic and creative enrichment programme that supports the development of the whole child;
- I have an amazing and dedicated staff who deliver our vision every day.
Please accept my offer of an open invitation to visit it us – anytime - to experience the Academy first-hand.
Mrs Angela Sweeten, Principal